Waterproofing your facade was never so simple as now for the DIY-er. Especially when we hand you the right instructions and product to do this with.
Oppercon is the perfect environmentally friendly surface protection for stone and concrete – it forms a waterproof, invisible shield against moisture, algae, mold and moss growth.
Let us guide you through the steps…
The right equipment and materials
Low pressure sprayer larger areas
Paint brush for smaller areas
Before you start, tape off glass and window frames
Oppercon is a transparent shield which is not visible on stone, but on glass and window frames it will appear.
NOTE: You can also use a concentrated dishwasher detergent, straight from the bottle. Put this on the glass, wood, window frames. this will prevent Oppercon from sticking to these materials. When you are done, simply remove the soap and you’ll have clean windows as well 🙂
Use a ladder for higher areas
Protective clothing and gloves
There is no need for special clothing. But we do recommend you wear gloves, due to the alkaline (degreasing) properties of Oppercon.
Step-by-step guide for waterproofing your facade / walls
Put on you gloves and set up the ladder.
- Fill the low pressure sprayer or bucket with Oppercon. Use a funnel so that you won’t spill any of it.
- Look at your project and think up a system so you know which area has been done and which need yet to be done. Start on a corner and work your way around.
- NOTE: never go to lunch when you’re not done, finish the job at hand in one go, then enjoy the result afterwords with a nice cup of tea.
- Spray from the top down.
- In case the stone is old and porous, you can spray a second time, but do this before the first application has dried (within minutes).
NOTE: Never re-apply Oppercon on areas, where Oppercon has already dried up. If Oppercon has dried up it will no longer absorb anything, including itself. When this should occur, a white layer will appear.(remove the whiteness softly with a high pressure cleaner).
Oppercon makes all stone and concrete waterproof and water-repellent. It is UV-resistant and does not discolor the surface. Oppercon helps prevent algae, mold and moss growth.
- Very economical: Oppercon makes every stony-surface waterproof and water-repellent without discoloring or changing the surface of the stone.
- 15 year guarantee
- Depending on the porosity of the stone, 1 liter is sufficient for an average 88 ft²
- Available in 1 / 2,5 / 5 / 10 / 25 Liter.